Liquid Etchings
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Should I Get A Cake?
Today is my one year anniversary since having to turn myself in on charges of (essentially) assault with a deadly weapon. I've already passed my one year conviction anniversary in July, and I celebrated by buying a Lexus. Today is a little bit more chill.

My experience in work furlough in Camarillo was a complete life-changer, and I would never claim that it was easy. But it's done. I finished it. I graduated from four years of Caltech and I graduated from five months of incarceration. I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit, if you can call it an accomplishment.

Look, I was wrong. I did a bad thing. I was the guilty man in Shawshank. But I know that my karma is secure. The lawyers handling my civil case have forwarded their offer to the other party, an offer that's most likely to be accepted. I remember a year ago, with Jacob, driving back from the 24 hour Starbucks in Encino, and I told him that if I make it out of this ordeal without losing my house, I'm going to do a cartwheel.

Fast forward to today, not only have I not lost my house, but I've been practicing cartwheels in prepartion to selling the house. I've been using the interlock device for about a month, and while it is a nuisance and is mildly embarassing, I'm still a productive member of society, so don't sit there acting all high and mighty just because you're not on probation. Fuck you and your high horse. Your time on earth is finite; are you certain you want to waste that time gloating about how you're better than me? Will I waste my time being embarassed and, uh, nuisanced?

I'm awake early because I left my sliding doors open. The fog of a Thousand Oaks morning sent chills across the house. I'm making myself a hearty breakfast while watching Power Lunch on CNBC. While cracking an omelete, they're showing a report of all the looting going on in New Orleans. Hey, life sucks, but it's all of you've got. Every day is a gift. Celebrate it. Get a cake.
Etched by Ron / 8/31/2005 09:13:00 AM |
There exists a version
of myself that chose wisely, that saved the day, that won, that got it right. I am his approximation. I've rounded down.
Links
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Asleep From Day
Pimpin' Theory
Ben's Blog
Ideals and Impossibilities
Diary of a Mad Black Man
Mass Hysteria
Cheater Five
Achtung Baby!
Towle Road
No Milk Please
PostSecret
Blagg Blogg
Eric D. Snider
Dack.com
Etc
RSS 2.0 Comment Feed
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Flickr Statcounter
Main Page
It's hard for the crowd to give ear to the anguish of a soul slowly fading