Liquid Etchings
Sunday, August 21, 2005
A Quiet Weekend
Well, quiet in the sense that I finally get a Sunday when I can sit and tool around on the web, work on my Madden 2006 Superstar, and have a Kill Bill marathon. It's nice work if you can get it. With the recent pricing released for the condo in Pasadena, I have to say that it's no longer a question of living within my means or not; both Old Pas and Gaslamp are now comparably priced. As my brother likes to quote, "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."

I got up early yesterday for a quick 9-hole par-3 with Jason and Stanley, and while it's too early for me to say that I'm hooked, it is kind of nice to have one more hobby. I spent the rest of Saturday hanging out and Smack and Pauline's swank house in the hills near La Crescenta and Sunland. The view is great, and jousting is a lot of fun, too. It was my first experience as a full-fledged DD, and I have to say that it gave me an enormous sense of well being knowing that I was doing something nice for a bunch of friends who want to drink and not worry.

While I have everyone's attention, it was brought up during the wedding that, since all the old "crew" has moved their separate ways, instead of buying gifts for each other during the holidays, we could all organize an annual get-together, involving nice accommodations at fun locales. My first suggestion for this future reunion: Lake Tahoe! Thoughts? Suggestions?
Etched by Ron / 8/21/2005 05:35:00 PM |
There exists a version
of myself that chose wisely, that saved the day, that won, that got it right. I am his approximation. I've rounded down.
Links
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Asleep From Day
Pimpin' Theory
Ben's Blog
Ideals and Impossibilities
Diary of a Mad Black Man
Mass Hysteria
Cheater Five
Achtung Baby!
Towle Road
No Milk Please
PostSecret
Blagg Blogg
Eric D. Snider
Dack.com
Etc
RSS 2.0 Comment Feed
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Flickr Statcounter
Main Page
It's hard for the crowd to give ear to the anguish of a soul slowly fading