Liquid Etchings
Monday, August 29, 2005
I can’t believe that we would lie in our graves
Wondering if we had spent our living days well
I can’t believe that we would lie in our graves
Wondering what we might have been.

Dave Matthews Band, "Lie In Our Graves"
---

The show was really amazing. My buddy Joe scored some floor-level seats and it resulted in a show that rivals only Moby at the Greek and The Roots at the House of Blues on Sunset Strip.

Concerts are a fantastic venue to people watch, especially someone like Dave, who attracts a wide clientele. The guy next to me seems like the kind of guy where fun and energy go to die. He brought a cushion for his dainty ass. The couple in front of me was dutifully enforcing the puff puff give rule. The couple behind us went to the show the night before and were clearly still drunk. And the frat boys two rows up would high-five each other for no good reason. Then again, the seats were absofuckinglutely fantastic, so perhaps in a different mindset, I too would be smoking, drinking and sitting on a comfy chair.

The John Butler Trio opened for them, a fantastic jam band who was on hand to sign their CDs. Jason Mraz came next, and I actually was looking forward the most to his show. While his set was very good, I came to understand why he's just the opener and Dave was the headliner. Jason was thoroughly entertaining, but Dave was absolutely mesmerizing. I stood transfixed, in awe of such creation, such art. Butch Taylor and Boyd Tinsley had fantastic solos throughout, and Robert Randolph came out on slide guitar to help out with "All Along The Watchtower". All in all, an amazing show.

I swear I'll put up the review for Bar Celona. Just wait for it.
Etched by Ron / 8/29/2005 11:45:00 AM |
There exists a version
of myself that chose wisely, that saved the day, that won, that got it right. I am his approximation. I've rounded down.
Links
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Asleep From Day
Pimpin' Theory
Ben's Blog
Ideals and Impossibilities
Diary of a Mad Black Man
Mass Hysteria
Cheater Five
Achtung Baby!
Towle Road
No Milk Please
PostSecret
Blagg Blogg
Eric D. Snider
Dack.com
Etc
RSS 2.0 Comment Feed
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Flickr Statcounter
Main Page
It's hard for the crowd to give ear to the anguish of a soul slowly fading