Liquid Etchings
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Hittin' The Links

At some point on the back nine at the Camp Pendleton golf course with my father and uncle, I had to wonder, "People do this for fun?" Yeah, I had a couple of great hits, but for the most part, I shanked and sliced all the live-long day. I need to hit the driving range and learn to trust my swing and to trust the club. I still approach each shot as if I'm playing baseball, wanting to wipe the tar off the ball and give a slight uppercut to try and will it over a fence. In fact, I'd even go as far as to go Bret Boone style and flip the golf club after each tee. But in order to do that, I'd have to start hitting well.

It was my first long drive with the interlock device installed, and I have to say that it's not that bad. Sure, it's moderately embarassing and slightly inconvenient, but I through the course of the 200-mile drive down the coast, I had to re-breathalyze a total of 3 times. So including the one to start the car, that adds up to less than a minute of actual embarassment and inconvenience.

My life isn't that rough. I mean, I may be on probation, but I'm on probation in a Lexus.
Etched by Ron / 8/07/2005 11:10:00 PM |
There exists a version
of myself that chose wisely, that saved the day, that won, that got it right. I am his approximation. I've rounded down.
Links
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Asleep From Day
Pimpin' Theory
Ben's Blog
Ideals and Impossibilities
Diary of a Mad Black Man
Mass Hysteria
Cheater Five
Achtung Baby!
Towle Road
No Milk Please
PostSecret
Blagg Blogg
Eric D. Snider
Dack.com
Etc
RSS 2.0 Comment Feed
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Flickr Statcounter
Main Page
It's hard for the crowd to give ear to the anguish of a soul slowly fading