Liquid Etchings
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Oh yeah and somewhere along the way
Jamie and Grant got married. Congrats!

The wedding was very cool, reminiscent of other traditional Filipino weddings I've attended. I was surprised at how much of a Catholic mass I still recalled.

There was this cool sword ceremony as they exited the church. Members of the naval reserve held their swords aloft like a steel archway. As the new bride and groom approached, a pair of swords would be lowered, and one of them would announce, "The price for passage is a kiss!" The two would smooch, much to the delight of the crowd, and this repeated three times. The third time was a bit more of a dramatic kiss, and to top it off, the sailor bapped Jamie in the ass with the broad side of the sword as she passed.

The reception was at Castaways, a picturesque site atop the Verdugo Mountains overlooking Burbank. The last time I was there, I was with Kim (no, not that one. Not even the other one. I'm really getting tired of this) for a Caltech event. I found the gazebo, five years later, location now completely dissociated from that memory. Skunks meander through there, by the way.

It was great having everyone there, despite the oppressive heat. I'm in the middle of uploading the pictures (they're huge, so be patient). It was an honor to be part of something supremely meaningful in the lives of two great friends. I don't know much about theology, but I'm of great certainty that all God wanted us to do was love each other. Grant and Jamie, I know you both to have a warm and generous and selfless spirit, and I am proud to have borne witness to the day of your love's greatest celebration.
Etched by Ron / 7/31/2005 04:35:00 PM |
There exists a version
of myself that chose wisely, that saved the day, that won, that got it right. I am his approximation. I've rounded down.
Links
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Asleep From Day
Pimpin' Theory
Ben's Blog
Ideals and Impossibilities
Diary of a Mad Black Man
Mass Hysteria
Cheater Five
Achtung Baby!
Towle Road
No Milk Please
PostSecret
Blagg Blogg
Eric D. Snider
Dack.com
Etc
RSS 2.0 Comment Feed
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Flickr Statcounter
Main Page
It's hard for the crowd to give ear to the anguish of a soul slowly fading